Here are the latest Pulsations, links to fresh stories and visuals about Japan, shout-outs to fellow bloggers, and highly clickable stuff that we think you might enjoy.
In no particular order, they are . . .
- Japan’s Latest Culinary Adventure: Mayonnaise Art (from Weird Asia News): Think creating designs by pouring steamed milk into a shot of espresso is so yesterday? Try making mayo masterpieces on your beloved okonomiyaki.
- YAKUZA ENCOUNTERS: My Very Brief Fight with a Yakuza (from Yakuza Watch): Ever wondered what could happen if you were to intervene in a yakuza beatdown?
- Grand Pacific Le Daiba x Gundam Tokyo Front ‘Project Room-G’ (from Gundam Guy): This Gundam-themed suite is paradise on earth for Gundam fans. One fan, Gundam Guy, takes us on an incredibly detailed virtual tour through a “Room-G Special Type” suite.
- Cheapo Weekend for September 29/30: Gazing Moonward and an Edo Era ‘Time Slip’ (from Tokyo Cheapo): Looking to start off the autumnal weekend without having to empty your pockets? Check out these events which are either free or cheap.
- “Robot Restaurant” Opens in Shinjuku’s Kabukicho District – Come See Girls Riding Robots (from Yattar Japan): Got ¥3000 to spare for a dinner and a show? Yattar gives a front-row, photo-filled account of the antics of the sexy female androids and their human pilots.
Need something to perk you up at work besides coffee? Try Morning Rescue, a Japanese energy drink popularized by the anime “Puella Magi Madoka Magica.” What would you do if a group of men dressed in orange overalls smashed through your ceiling and popped up right next to you so early in the morning?