The latest Pulsations, links to fresh stories and visuals about Japan, shout-outs to fellow bloggers, and highly clickable stuff that we think you might enjoy.
- Fire down below (from Amponton): All hail to pork-barrel buster Akune Mayor Takehara Shin’ichi
- Bosozouku-style rides (from Pink Tentacle): Extreme custom cars, designed to be LOUD
- CosFest 2010 (from Flickr): No shortage of documentation of the premier cosplay event in Singapore but this Flickr set by xiongxiong stood out.
- Tamago dofu: Cold savory egg custard (from Just Hungry): Cool food for the summer time.
- Biwa Jam (from Blue Lotus): And when life gives you loquats, make something delicious to spread on your toast.
- Urawaza – Japanese living tips (from Quirky Japan Blog): Translations of valuable hints to live by
- Japanese insolvency terms for dummies (from Mutantfrog Travelogue): You never know but these might come in handy someday.
- Top 10 Japanese albums of 2010 (so far) (from Japanator.com): You like lists, right?
The resiliency of the DPJ will be tested in the upcoming Upper House election and Japan’s blogging wonks and stat-spotters are all over it. Here’s a sampler of their observations and predictions:
- The Upper House election and some political implications (from Global Talk 21)
- House of Councillors Election 2010 – The Tokyo Quintilemma (from Shisaku)
- Child’s play for DPJ (from The Diplomat)
- Majority don’t want election candidates to tweet or email (from What Japan Thinks)