Here are the latest Pulsations, links to fresh stories and visuals about Japan, shout-outs to fellow bloggers, and highly clickable stuff that we think you might enjoy.
In no particular order, they are . . .
- Jinx, you owe me a head (from No-Sword): Words to be avoided if you don’t want to lose superstitious friends.
- Japan: An ancient Roman at the Japanese public bath (from Global Voices): An unlikely connection between the Romans and the Japanese is revealed in a unique medium.
- Wacky diets everywhere (from Just Hungry): Yes, YOU TOO, could shed pounds in a few days by reading this post! No, seriously. Just read it.
- Rightists’ childish attacks (from The Diplomat): Rightwing protesters show themselves to be playground bullies and turn their megaphones on elementary-school children.
- Food for the gods – Bonbori lanterns (from tokyo food file): An illuminating survey of food on temple lanterns.
- The Kan statement (from Twisting Flowers): It could easily be a banner year for Japan-South Korea relations, if Prime Minister Naoto Kan plays his cards right.
- Ruining the mood at karaoke (from What Japan Thinks): All the DON’Ts and none of the DOs.
- Variety Friday: How Japanese People Snack (from Japanese Snack Reviews): It’s true – Japanese love to snack. So how do they stay so thin?