Pulsations? Glad you asked. They’re links to fresh stories and visuals about Japan, shout-outs to fellow bloggers, and highly clickable stuff that we think you might enjoy.
In no particular order, they are …
- Sci-Fi illustrations by Shigeru Komatsuzaki (from Pink Tentacle): Back to the retro future.
- An interview with Durf (from JapanNewbie): Meet the man behind the ski goggles, power Twitter user and translator Peter Durfee
- Eerie monotones of the White Stone Mine (from Gakuranman): Tinted glimpses of Japan’s “top 5″ haikyo
- Ramen books and magazines (from Ramen Adventures): A peek into the library of a noodle hunter.
- Rajio Taiso no. 4 (from Sgt. Tanuki’s Lonely Hearts Club Blog): Rajio Taiso, how do we love thee, let us count the ways.
- Soseki on history (from No-sword): ”For the sake of the future, our past is trampled as though it never existed.”
- Softbank & iPhone4 (from Blog from Another Dimension): Simply must have that shiny new phone? Caveat emptor.
- Shaved ice goes upscale and global (from Ampontan): An homage to a seasonal delight: the humble and historical kakigori