Here are the latest Pulsations, links to fresh stories and visuals about Japan, shout-outs to fellow bloggers, and highly clickable stuff that we think you might enjoy.
In no particular order, they are …
- Ice cream ramen at Kikuya in Kita-Senju (from Ramen Adventures): If you want it, you can have it.
- Dirty diapers: How the sumo scandal is a casualty of the National Police Agency war on the yakuza (from Japan Subculture Research Center): Gangster watcher Jake Adelstein weighs in.
- Martial arts or mysticism? The difference is paper thin (from Ampontan): Is Hatsumi Masaaki the world’s last ninja?
- Is Japan’s art hidden? (from The Diplomat): Tokyo Art Guy Robert Tobin on the country’s lesser-exposed art.
- iDish (from Shiineko’s Diary): Not the usual Pulsation (and it’s in Japanese) but a worthy diversion, nonetheless.