Here are the latest Pulsations, links to fresh stories and visuals about Japan, shout-outs to fellow bloggers, and highly clickable stuff that we think you might enjoy.
In no particular order, they are . . .
- Japanese kyotei camaraderie (from Tokyo Times): Brothers in betting on boats.
- Successful fundraising with Kickstart & the (re)making of Art Space Tokyo (from Craig Mod): How to pull yourself up by your bootstraps in the naughties.
- Putting the ume out to dry (from hanabi d): The birth of umeboshi – you can’t resist pinching the newborns’ “soft little cheeks.”
- Hikikomori update: Some light upon the subject (from Shisaku): A statistical look into Japan’s elusive hikikomori.
- Touring Japan on the 18 Kippu 2010 (from Gakuranman.com): Adventures on Naoshima include large scale recycled art and a uniquely decorated bathhouse.
- Aera: 10% or 30% consumption tax? (from Kurashi): To consume, or not to consume? Japan’s potential consumption tax increase raises questions.