Japan by the numbers (08.16.10)
- 67% of people surveyed by Family Mart said they hesitate to use credit cards at convenience stores.
- 62% of people answering a survey by Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company said that they spend their summer vacation at home, not traveling (PDF).
- 31% of female respondents to a survey by MMD Labo have never downloaded a iPhone application that cost money; 33% of men replied likewise.
- 21% of “after-5 drinkers” (people who go out for drinks after 5 on any day) surveyed by Intage Inc. spend about ¥3,000 yen at each venue; more than 90% spend up to ¥5,000.
- 19% of OLs polled by OZmall play golf; 20% are interested but, for whatever reason, don’t play.